Nice from far but far from nice
Posted Jan 2, 2016
If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, hospitable, friendly hotel that isn't run down then this hotel is not it. Lord Charles is nice from far, but far from nice. A shadow of what it used to be decades ago, avoid if possible.
- Booking was a mess (we were close to being downgraded if we didn't check the type of room we were given)
- dinner at their restaurant was heavily seasoned with salt, steaks were overdone
- ordered room service only to get a call 50mins later to inform us that they didn't see the order, the food was average
- showers leaked
- Internet was incredibly slow
- clean towels being prepared on dirty floor by housekeepers
- dirty rooms (everything was dusty, looked like they haven't cleaned for weeks)
- at breakfast we saw a cook drop a cooking spoon on the floor and seconds later picked it up and continued using it to cook omelette without cleaning it
- access cards didn't work a few times, the list goes on.
To top it all off, the air conditioning broke and after 5hrs and a few follow up they then told us it couldn't be fixed. We've finally got to move room so that was fine but the process was a bit painful.
We've moved on to a couple different hotels since which have been perfect. It is worth paying a little bit extra just to avoid staying at the Lord Charles.
Comment from Hotel Management
Apr 19, 2016 by Daniel Méndez, Hotel Management
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will be used to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.
I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected and that the solutions taken were not sufficient. I have addressed you concerns and comments with the relevant departments and I can assure you that this is not our standard.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to NH The Lord Charles Hotel in the near future.