Visitors can enjoy all that Cardenas has to offer including its monuments. There are 127 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Varadero (VRA-Juan Gualberto Gomez), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cardenas
A favorite place to visit in the city is Cardenas Cathedral. In the area, you'll also find Artisan Market and Josone Park.
As you start planning your visit to Cardenas, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 12 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hostal Relax is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from central Cardenas. This 2-star guesthouse in Cardenas features parking and a terrace.
- Blau Varadero - All Inclusive - Adults Only is 13.7 mi (22 km) from the center of Cardenas. This 4-star resort in Varadero features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Royalton Hicacos - Adults Only - All Inclusive is located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the heart of Cardenas. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Varadero can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 5 restaurants, along with a private balcony. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Cardenas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Cardenas gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 65°F