the 7 plagues of La Perla Negra
Posted Jan 12, 2015
I wish it were only 7 plagues. We are so upset that our family saved up for this vacation and trusted these owners with our hard earned money. It is beyond upsetting to feel so cheated out of a well deserved and much needed vacation. Our family feels completely robbed.
1) Photos of the bathrooms on Expedia are not what we saw or experienced - guest rooms have suicide showers, cracked tile, no moulding.
2) The other photos of this property are take from great distances - '50 foot looks good shot', but up close this place is worn out almost beyond repair, with critical items literally falling apart, or so worn and dirty you do not feel clean using them. Holes in sheets
3) Raw sewage - imagine waking up in the middle of Christmas night to the strong smell of raw sewage. We had sewage back up into two rooms
4) An infestation of bugs swarming throughout our daughters' room into their luggage, toothbrushes and personal items caused us to all sleep in one room together twice.
5) The staff takes over and uses the facilities, including the pool table in the lobby area, brings their friends and family in to take over the pavilion, pool beach, etc.
6) The owners have a standing agreement with the adjacent property, Joanna's Casitas, who's many many guests, take over the pool, pavilion, lounge chairs, kitchen area, tables, beach - there is no place for La Perla Negra paying guests to stay. La Perla Negra Guests pay extra to use BBQ
7) Breakfast buffet is laughable and sparse.