Visiting Carlyle Lake
Visitors to Carlyle Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, architecture, and golf courses.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Carlyle Lake
- The closest major airport is in St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.), 55.3 mi (89 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlyle Lake
Families come for attractions such as Salem Fairgrounds, Rainbow Ranch Petting Zoo, and Clinton County Fairgrounds. The city is notable for landmarks like William Jennings Bryan Statue, One Room School House Memorial, and Vandalia State House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Nashville Memorial Park, Spillway Recreation Area, and Hazlet State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Carlyle Lake. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Centralia Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salem - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vandalia - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Getting Around Carlyle Lake
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Centralia Station. Carlyle Lake might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Carlyle Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Carlyle Lake is 1.54 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F