Book your room at Charleston Santa Teresa Cartagena
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Cartagena hotel in Cartagena Walled City, walk to Puerta del Reloj
Located in Cartagena Walled City, this spa hotel is steps from Plaza de San Pedro Claver and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent. Puerta del Reloj and San Felipe de Barajas Castle are also within 2 mi (3 km).
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a full-service spa and an outdoor pool. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a fitness center, a poolside bar, and a spa tub are onsite.
All 89 rooms boast iPads and offer free WiFi and sitting areas. Minibars and room service are standard, as are LCD TVs with cable channels.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
In addition to a full-service spa, Charleston Santa Teresa Cartagena features an outdoor pool and a spa tub. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A poolside bar is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities include a conference center and meeting rooms. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests.
- Total number of rooms - 89
- Number of floors - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 2
- Multilingual staff
- Rooftop terrace
- Poolside bar
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference center
- Spa services on site
- Spa tub
- Outdoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Free WiFi
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cable TV service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room safe
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Charleston Santa Teresa Cartagena has 2 restaurants serving lunch and dinner.
La Terraza - This restaurant overlooks the ocean and specializes in Caribbean cuisine. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Harry Sasson Restaurant - This fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine. Open daily.
Santa Teresa Plaza - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, The Spa . Services include massages, facials, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a steam room and Turkish bath/hammam.
The spa is open daily.
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Steam room in spa
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 12 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 117 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 117 per night.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A 16 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Tourism fee: USD 2 per accommodation, per night
- Destination fee: USD 18 per accommodation, per night
- The national sales tax (16%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- Resort fee: USD 4 per person, per night
- In-room safe and safe insurance
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 35 for adults, USD 30 and USD 35 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 20 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 117 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 117 per night
We should mention
If you are traveling with a child your hotel may require you to present the following documents: Parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be required to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors) upon check-in. If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors who plan to travel with children should consult with a Colombian consulate office prior to travel for further guidance. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.