Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cary, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include PNC Arena, North Carolina State Capitol, and Kenan Stadium.
- You'll find 293 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cary
The picturesque setting of Fred G. Bond Metro Park and Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Cary Towne Center, Park West Village, and Crossroads Plaza. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bond Brothers Beer Company and Cary Arts Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cary. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Umstead Hotel and Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Mayton Inn - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- SpringHill Suites Raleigh Cary - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Lenovo, located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center, and PNC Arena, which is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) away.
Getting Around Cary
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Cary Station. Cary might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Cary
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 43.31 inches of rain falls on Cary each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 32°F