Visiting Castellana Grotte
Visitors can enjoy all that Castellana Grotte has to offer including the parks, coffeehouses, and local tours. The tucked away and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the city is Castellana Caves.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in Castellana Grotte
- The closest major airport is in Bari (BRI-Karol Wojtyla), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Castellana Grotte
The city's cultural venues include Astronomical Observatory Sirio and Franco Anelli Speleological Museum. Favorite family attractions include Indiana Park and Il Parco dei Dinosauri. Additionally, you might want to add Castellana Caves to your agenda.
In Castellana Grotte, you'll find 58 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fontana Vecchia Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- B B Masseria Cesarina - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Rifugio delle Grotte - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
Dressing for Castellana Grotte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Castellana Grotte gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F