If you go to Castle Howard, be prepared to be taken to a different place in time.
To visit it, take a trip to Malton.
There are at least 4 hotels that are a mere 6 miles away from Castle Howard. Seasoned visitors book a night at The Cresswell Arms and Thompsons Arms B&B.
Attentive service and great amenities are waiting for you at the Blacksmiths Arms Flaxton, an upscale hotel located only 4 miles away.
Touring the city with an empty stomach isn't too fun. Thankfully you'll find some delightful coffee and pastry shops only 0.2 miles from Castle Howard. Castle Howard Cafe (1 Laundry Flats, Castle Howard, York) is one such place.
Other Places to Visit near Castle Howard
Castle Howard is not the only notable thing to do in the area:
- The marvelous selection of woody plant species that can be found at the Yorkshire Arboretum make it a pleasant place to stroll around and surround yourself with nature.
- Head for the horizon and visit Yorkshire Lavender. You'll be delighted by a homely introduction to life on the farm and an invitation to meet some four legged residents.
- While we might not have the answers to humanity's most pressing questions, you might be able to ponder them at Church of St. Helen & the Holy Cross, one of the most well-known churches in the area.
- The Milton Rooms is a community centre that provides a myriad of events and exhibitions, including local art exhibitions, festivals and art workshops.
- Whether you're a history lover or just starting to develop a curiosity for the subject, Howsham Mill, a historic local building, is an attraction you should make time to see.