Find Hotels in Central Stockholm
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide.
Most hotels are fully refundable. Because flexibility matters.
Check Central Stockholm hotel prices
Reviewed on Apr 5, 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 8, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 15, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 17, 2021
Reviewed on Feb 20, 2021
Reviewed on Apr 9, 2021
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 17, 2021
Reviewed on Sep 28, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2021
Reviewed on Jul 8, 2021
Reviewed on May 22, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 7, 2021
Reviewed on Aug 2, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 25, 2020
Where to stay in Central Stockholm
5/5Exceptional!(181 area reviews)
Duck into narrow, medieval alleys and find yourself happily lost in Sweden’s most famous urban district.
4.5/5Wonderful!(132 area reviews)
This relatively densely-populated island in central Stockholm has long attracted a more alternative crowd and retains a bohemian look and feel.
5/5Exceptional!(123 area reviews)
Consider exploring the abundant dining options in Ostermalm. If sightseeing is on the list, Stureplan is a top attraction. Hop on the metro at Karlaplan T-Bana or Stadium T-Bana to see more of the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(26 area reviews)
Hop over to “King’s Islet” to take in epic city views from under the Swedish national coat of arms on top of the iconic City Hall tower.
4.5/5Wonderful!(758 area reviews)
Stockholm Syndrome was first coined in this district graced with architectural grandeur and innovative museums, and peppered with parks, waterways and an island.
Visiting Central Stockholm
History buffs will enjoy exploring Central Stockholm, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, local tours, and churches. Top sights in the city include Royal Swedish Opera, Museum of Medieval Stockholm, and Stockholm Palace.
- There are 174 hotels and other accommodations in Central Stockholm
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Central Stockholm
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Royal Swedish Opera, Museum of Medieval Stockholm, and National Museum. Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks include Stockholm Cathedral, The Royal Stables, and Marten Trotzigs Grand. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Gallerian, Nordiska Kompaniet, and Biblioteksgatan Street.
In Central Stockholm, you'll find 174 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Perseus Apartments - Located in Gamla Stan, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and walkable location.
- Lydmar Hotel - Our customers love the spacious and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Norrmalm features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Bank Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in Norrmalm features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
Other favorite sights in Central Stockholm include Stockholm Palace, Stockholm City Hall, and Vasa Museum. Top places to see in the area include Solvalla, located 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Prince Eugen Waldemarsudde Museum, which is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) away.
Getting Around Central Stockholm
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Central Stockholm is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Kungsträdgården T-Bana, Kungsträdgården Tram Stop, and Sergels Torg Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Stockholm City Station, Stockholm Central Station, or Stockholm Södra Station.
Dressing for Central Stockholm
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 54°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Average annual rainfall for Central Stockholm is 0.67 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F
Frequently asked questions
Recent reviews of Central Stockholm hotels
More trip options
- Central Stockholm Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Central Stockholm Airports
- Hotels in Central Stockholm Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Central Stockholm Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Central Stockholm
- More Hotel Options in Central Stockholm
- More Popular Hotels in Stockholm
- Other Hotels near Central Stockholm, Stockholm
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends