Visitors can enjoy all that Chamarel has to offer including the gardens and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Chamarel Falls, Ganga Talao, and Tamarind Falls.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Chamarel
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chamarel
A favorite place to visit in the city is Rhumerie de Chamarel. In the area, you'll also find Chamarel Falls and Ganga Talao.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Lakaz Chamarel Exclusive Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tamarind Falls, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Flic-en-Flac Beach, which is 9.8 mi/15.8 km away.
Dressing for Chamarel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Chamarel each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 65°F