Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelBeachfront hotel with relaxing spa services
Popular property highlights
Nestled on the beach, this Dolus-d'Oleron hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Ile d'Oleron and Bay of Biscay. La Grande Plage is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) away.
Guests of this beach hotel will appreciate convenient onsite amenities such as a spa tub and a 24-hour health club.
All 34 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, guests will find LCD TVs with digital channels, and other amenities include room service and coffee makers.
Hotel Le Grand Large
In addition to an outdoor pool, Hotel Le Grand Large provides a 24-hour health club and a spa tub. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access.
This beach hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and a garden. Onsite self parking is complimentary.
Hotel Le Grand Large is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 42
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Year Built 1965
- Spa tub
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 34
- One meeting room
- Free self parking
- Number of floors - 3
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Outdoor pool
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming pool
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Room service (limited hours)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Shower only
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Partially open bathroom
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
Marie Galante - Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour health club.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 30 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.26 per person, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 18.50 for adults and EUR 9.00 for children (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 30 per night
- Grand Large Dolus-d'Oleron
- Hotel Grand Large Dolus-d'Oleron
- Hotel Grand Large
- Hotel Le Grand Large France/Poitou-Charentes
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.