Excellent Staff, But No Ammenities
Posted Oct 24, 2016
The friendly staff is why I'd return, but here's reasons why I wouldn't return:
1) NO breakfast. NONE. Not even toast and fruit. Not even cereal and milk. Nada.
2) No free WiFi in the room, unless you're a rewards member. You can go down stairs and sit in the lobby and use
it for free. Guess that should count for something. But it doesn't. However, it's worth mentioning, you can ask to
become a rewards member at no cost just to use the WiFi.
3) $15 to park! I understand this is common is some bigger cities, such as NY; but many WV hotels have parking
included in the price of the hotel room. WV has just traditionally been more hospitable in this regard. Not the
4) Unless you want to pay $3.50 for water, be prepared to use tap water to make your coffee/tea in your room.
5) Don't forget your Q-tips and cotton balls. They're not included with the tiny shampoo, conditioner and body wash
you'll find on the bathroom counter. Considering the cost of the room, I didn't pack mine because I assumed
(shame on me) they'd be at the hotel.
Now, on the bright side:
1) As I said, the staff were all fabulous -- from the front desk check-in folks to the restaurant hostess to the parking
attendants. Friendly and beautiful.
2) And the shower! My word! The shower pressure was phenomenal, and I didn't have to spend 30 minutes trying to
figure it out.
3) Location! The mall and civic center are directly across from the hotel. Perfect!