Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly Charleston hotel in French Quarter, near College of Charleston
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Charleston hotel is located in the historical district, within 1 mi (2 km) of Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and College of Charleston. Charleston Waterfront Park and Waterfront Park are also within 5 minutes.
Along with 2 restaurants, this smoke-free hotel has an outdoor pool and 2 bars/lounges. Free continental breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a poolside bar, and a rooftop terrace are onsite.
All 70 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi, free wired Internet, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Other amenities available to guests include room service, Frette Italian sheets, and first-run movies.
- Spotless guestrooms
- Good location
- Onsite bar and onsite restaurant
- Helpful staff
Market Pavilion Hotel
Market Pavilion Hotel features an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and a poolside bar. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4.5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. Event facilities measure 3000 square feet (279 square meters). This luxury hotel also offers a rooftop terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Market Pavilion Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 4
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Computer station
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 70
- Concierge services
- Meeting rooms 3
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 2002
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (meters) - 279
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Free breakfast
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Poolside bar
- Conference space size (feet) - 3000
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- First-run movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free bottled water
- Cable TV service
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (limited hours)
- Frette Italian sheets
Where to Eat
A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning between 7 AM and 10 AM.
Grill 225 - This steakhouse specializes in American cuisine and serves brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Pavilion Bar - This poolside rooftop bar specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Destination fee: USD 2.28 per accommodation, per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Market Pavilion
- Market Pavilion Charleston
- Market Pavilion Hotel
- Market Pavilion Hotel Charleston
- Pavilion Market
- Hotel Market Pavilion
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Market Pavilion Hotel is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2015 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.