Book your room at Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Charleston hotel near King Street
This Charleston hotel is within 1 block of King Street and 5 blocks of Waterfront Park.
This hotel in Charleston's historical district features marble floors and crystal chandeliers.
All 166 Renaissance Charleston guestrooms feature beds with down comforters, bathrooms with granite vanities, and wireless high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Situated in Charleston's historic district, this six-story hotel is within a block of King Street antique shops, galleries, and restaurants, and is four blocks from the Charleston City Marina and South Carolina State Aquarium. Public areas in the Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel feature marble floors, crystal chandeliers, floral arrangements, and an ornamental fireplace.
The lobby area offers complimentary wireless Internet access, and a business center has a workstation with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The hotel has 2,759 square feet of meeting and event space, including a boardroom, banquet facilities, and a ballroom. An outdoor pool and patio are open year-round, and guests can use a fitness room.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Meeting rooms 5
- Number of floors - 6
- Outdoor pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 166
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor pool
- Refrigerator (on request)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 12.95 USD per day ), Wired internet access ( 12.95 USD per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Barony Tavern- This restaurant/bar showcases, hearty, simple prepared breakfast, lunch and dinners bursting with big flavor and richness.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a fitness room and a year-round outdoor pool. Harbor tours, excursions to Fort Sumter, and fishing charters depart from the Aquarium Wharf and Charleston City Marina. Swimming, surfing, sailing, and other water sports are available at beaches within 12 miles of the hotel. Charleston Municipal Golf Course is 5.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 10:30 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Tourism fee: USD 1.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per day
- Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Hotel Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance District Hotel
- Charleston Renaissance
- Renaissance Charleston
- Renaissance Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance Historic District