Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Charleston hotel near King Street
This Charleston hotel is within 1 block of King Street and 5 blocks of Waterfront Park.
This hotel in Charleston's historical district features marble floors and crystal chandeliers.
All 166 Renaissance Charleston guestrooms feature beds with down comforters, bathrooms with granite vanities, and wireless high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
Situated in Charleston's historic district, this six-story hotel is within a block of King Street antique shops, galleries, and restaurants, and is four blocks from the Charleston City Marina and South Carolina State Aquarium. Public areas in the Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel feature marble floors, crystal chandeliers, floral arrangements, and an ornamental fireplace.
The lobby area offers complimentary wireless Internet access, and a business center has a workstation with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The hotel has 2,696 square feet of meeting and event space, including a boardroom, banquet facilities, and a ballroom. An outdoor pool and patio are open year-round, and guests can use a fitness room.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Express check-in
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms 5
- Number of floors - 6
- Total number of rooms - 166
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor pool
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Barony Tavern- This restaurant/bar showcases, hearty, simple prepared breakfast, lunch and dinners bursting with big flavor and richness.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a fitness room and a year-round outdoor pool. Harbor tours, excursions to Fort Sumter, and fishing charters depart from the Aquarium Wharf and Charleston City Marina. Swimming, surfing, sailing, and other water sports are available at beaches within 12 miles of the hotel. Charleston Municipal Golf Course is 5.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 10:30 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service animals are allowed
- Tourism fee: USD 1.09 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 16.00 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per day
- Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Hotel Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District
- Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance District Hotel
- Charleston Renaissance
- Renaissance Charleston
- Renaissance Historic District Hotel
- Renaissance Historic District