Find Hotels in Charlotte, NC
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 24, 2020
Where to stay in Charlotte
Charlotte Center City
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,123 area reviews)
With residential areas, Fortune 500 company headquarters, ballparks, theaters and museums, the heart of Charlotte is a top tourism choice.
4.5/5Wonderful!(219 area reviews)
A noteworthy feature of SouthPark is its popular shops. While you're in town, be sure to stop and check out SouthPark Mall and Phillips Place.
4/5Very Good!(974 area reviews)
Known for its ample dining options and great live music, there's plenty to explore in University Place. You can visit top attractions like UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens and Shoppes at University Place, and jump on the metro at JW Clay Boulevard /UNC Charlotte Station or UNC Charlotte - Main Station to see more of the city.
2/5(1 area review)
Fourth Ward is popular for its abundant dining options, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Fillmore Charlotte or North Carolina Music Factory.
While you're in NoDa, take in top sights like NoDa Brewing Company or Historic Rosedale Plantation, and hop on the metro to see more the city at 36th Street Station or Sugar Creek Station.
Travelers to Charlotte give high marks for the fun sporting events, popular theater scene, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its entertainment choices, university setting, and shopping. Top sights in the city include EpiCentre, Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium.
- There are 854 hotels and other accommodations in Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 13.1 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charlotte
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Discovery Place, NASCAR Hall of Fame, and Fillmore Charlotte. Attractions like Carowinds Theme Park, U.S. National Whitewater Center, and Sea Life Charlotte-Concord are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Billy Graham Library, North Carolina Music Factory, and Cabarrus Arena & Events Center.
In Charlotte, you'll find 854 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Rock Hill - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Concord Charlotte - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Duke Mansion - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Myers Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Charlotte include EpiCentre, Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium.
Getting Around Charlotte
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Charlotte is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Charlotte Transportation Center Station, 3rd St - Convention Center Station, and 7th St Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Charlotte Station, Gastonia Station, or Kannapolis Station.
Dressing for Charlotte
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Charlotte is 41.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Charlotte?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Charlotte, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Charlotte?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Charlotte?
What's the best place to stay in Charlotte Center City?
What's a favorite place to stay in Ballantyne?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Charlotte?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Charlotte?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Charlotte?
What's the best hotel to stay near Carowinds Theme Park?
What about the best place to stay near Spectrum Center?
What are some hotels with pools in Charlotte?
Recent reviews of Charlotte hotels
More trip options
- Charlotte Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Charlotte Airports
- Hotels in Charlotte Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Charlotte Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Charlotte
- More Hotel Options in Charlotte
- Charlotte Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in North Carolina
- Other Hotels near Charlotte, North Carolina
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends