Visitors to Cheras are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, festivals, and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Petaling Street, Petronas Twin Towers, and Merdeka Square.
- You'll find 2035 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kuala Lumpur
- The closest major airport is in Subang (SZB-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cheras
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Aeon Cheras Selatan Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. In the area, you'll also find Petaling Street and Petronas Twin Towers.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cheras. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Orkid Inn Mahkota Cheras - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a café, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Ibis Styles Kl Cheras - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Merdeka Square, 7.8 mi/12.5 km from the city center, and Malaysian Houses of Parliament, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cheras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 1.89 inches of rain falls on Cheras each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 72°F