Price is main attraction
Posted Sep 23, 2016
Lived in Chiang Mai for a year and have stayed in approximately 6 different hotels. My primary criteria from most important to least important are: price, location, gym, breakfast, and staff attentiveness to needs.
1. Best price I've found in CM for large room in which everything ( air, wifi, etc.) worked.
2. About 15 minute walk from Taipae Gate. You'll probably need a tuktuk late at night (100 baht) coming back from night bazaar.
3. Gym had two old stationary bikes, weight machine, and 2 elipticals. No mats, fans, treadmill,or free weights.
4. Breakfast was pretty good with some Thai and foreign food though no extras like bacon or yogurt. Got repetitve though as we stayed for 9 days and it didn't change much.
5. Everything was handled though I did my own laundry nearby b/c it was going to be a couple of days through hotel.