This is a great hostel experience. It is an upbeat, full service facility, right in the heart of Chicago. As a couple, we had a private room with shared bathrooms. The womens’ bathroom was right across the sitting area, but the mens’ was out the door and through the next suite - a. bit of a trek when you are 75 and need to get up 2-3 times a night. The price was way too high for the accommodations - we’ve paid less for luxury accommodations in the loop. I think they may have raised the rates because this is the week of Open House Chicago, creating high demand. But this is a hostel, intended to cater to the budget traveler, and a non-profit to boot - they shouldn’t be price gouging just because the for profit hotels do.
- Grant Park
- 2 min walk
- Buckingham Fountain
- 6 min walk
- Native Foods
- 8 min walk
- Flat Top Grill
- 9 min walk
- Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.)
- 26 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-800-238-0767
About this area
- Grant Park - 2 min walk
- Buckingham Fountain - 6 min walk
- Art Institute of Chicago - 8 min walk
- Millennium Park - 11 min walk
- Willis Tower - 12 min walk
- Harold Washington Library Station - 3 min walk
- Chicago Van Buren Street Station - 4 min walk
- Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) - 26 min drive
- Native Foods — 8 min walk
- Flat Top Grill — 9 min walk
- Goddess and the Baker — 9 min walk
- Pittsfield Cafe — 12 min walk
- Trattoria No.10 — 12 min walk
About this property
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hostel has a coffee shop/café and coffee/tea in a common area. Free continental breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Other amenities include a business center, concierge services, and laundry facilities. All rooms are shared and offer free WiFi and hair dryers. Safes, showers, and free toiletries are among the other amenities that guests will find.
Awards and affiliations
This property participates in Green Globe, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Club Card: USD 4 per person, per night
- Child's Club Card: USD 0 per night, (up to 17 years old)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Only bookings from non-local guests are accepted. Guests whose residence is within 45 mi (72 km) of the property will not be allowed to check in. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.Safety features at this property include a smoke detector and window guards. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Hostelling International Chicago Chicago Hostel
- Hostelling International Chicago Summer Hotel Chicago
- Hostelling International Chicago Hostel
- Hostelling International Chicago
- Hostel HI Chicago
- HI Chicago Chicago
- HI Chicago Hostel/Backpacker accommodation
- HI Chicago Hostel/Backpacker accommodation Chicago
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking and transportation
- Discounted parking nearby
Food and drink
- Free continental breakfast available daily 7 AM–10 AM
- 1 restaurant and 1 coffee shop/café
- Coffee/tea in common area(s)
Things to do
- Billiards/pool table
- Laundry facilities
- ATM/banking services
- Front-desk safe
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Tour/ticket assistance
- Business center
- Computer station
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space (600 square feet)
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Smoke-free property
- TV in lobby
- Air conditioning
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Access via exterior corridors
- Connecting rooms available
- Shared accommodations
Nearby things to do
- Bicycle rentals
- Hiking/biking trails
Yes - good price and great breakfast. I liked it lots. I liked it tons