Get an overview of this hotelChic Chicago high-rise 1 block from the Magnificent Mile
Popular property highlights
Shopping, lake path
This smoke-free 17-story hotel is 1 block from North Michigan Avenue's boutique and specialty stores, 3 blocks from Lake Michigan, 6 blocks from the State & Grand subway station (Red Line), and 7 blocks from the Navy Pier entertainment center.
Recently renovated, this hotel caters to corporate travelers with a 24-hour business center, high-speed Internet access, and to vacationers with an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness room.
Flat-screen TVs and bathrobes
Amenities include 46-inch flat-screen TVs, multi-line phones, and wireless Internet access (surcharge). Bathrooms feature a double vanity.
- Spotless guestrooms
- Good location
- Proximity to shopping
- Helpful staff
Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
Renovated in 2013, the smoke-free 17-story Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile offers a 24-hour business center. Other amenities include an indoor pool, and spa tub, as well as a 24-hour fitness center with stationary bicycles, treadmills, stair machines, and free weights.
The hotel also provides 18,000 square feet (1,858 square meters) in conference space. Complimentary Wireless Internet can be accessed in public areas. Order from room service 6 AM-midnight, and savor a buffet breakfast in the dining room every morning. Roundtrip airport shuttle is available 24 hours for a surcharge with advance notice. Limo or town car can also be provided. Valet parking (surcharge) is available.
Valet parking included in the “Park and Play” package is only offered for standard-size vehicles. Please contact the property for availability of over-sized vehicle parking.
Pets are welcomed at this property for a charge. Fees are based on length of stay. Please contact the property at least three days in advance of your stay to reserve a pet-friendly room.
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Conference space size (meters) - 1858
- Conference space size (feet) - 20000
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 419
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 17
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-out
- Computer station
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Shopping on site
- Meeting rooms 15
- Year Built 1999
- 24-hour business center
- Television in common areas
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Level Two - Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile’s new dining concept is located on the second floor and features local cuisine representing multicultural Chicago and the Streeterville neighborhood. Level Two has a communal sushi bar, and offers seasonal dishes and healthy options throughout the day.
Level Two Bar - Guests can enjoy live music acts Tuesday-Thursday from 5 PM to 7:30 PM.
Room service is available from 6 AM-Midnight.
Nearby Things to Do
The 20-mile-long lakefront path that borders Lake Michigan's shoreline is 6 blocks east of the Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile and is popular for running, walking, biking, or in-line skating. Bicycles, in-line skates, and pedal-powered buggies for groups are available for rent at several beachfront locations. During summer, Oak Street Beach, 0.5 mile north, and North Avenue Beach, 1.5 miles north, are popular for sunbathing and for swimming when lifeguards are on duty. Also in summer, beach volleyball courts are available for rental and pick-up games. Public tennis courts and a public golf course are both 4.5 miles northeast of the hotel. The Hyatt has an on-site 24-hour fitness gym.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per week
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 31 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 45 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 69 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per week
- Late check-out fee: USD 75.00
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per stay
- Chicago Magnificent Mile Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Hyatt Centric Hotel
- Hyatt Centric
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.