Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelChicago high-rise across from McCormick Place
Popular property highlights
Pathway to events
Connected via enclosed skybridge to the McCormick Place convention complex, the Hyatt Regency is adjacent to a Metro station, with easy access to Chicago's downtown hub. Soldier Field, the home of the Chicago Bears, is a 15 minute walk away.
Indoor lap pool
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place offers a 24-hour business center, complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas, and an indoor lap pool.
1,258 spacious guestrooms feature complimentary wired/wireless Internet access and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with free HBO.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Connected by skywalk to the McCormick Place convention complex, this high-rise Hyatt hotel is only 0.7 miles (1.1 kilometers) from Soldier Field, home of the NFL Chicago Bears. Downtown Chicago is about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) north of the hotel.
The Hyatt offers a staffed 24-hour business center, a 24-hour Internet office (surcharge), computer station, and complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas and guestrooms. 30 meeting rooms offer plenty of event spaces. Guests can unwind in the health club's sauna and indoor pool. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available on request for a fee.
Dining options include a Chicago-style grill and a casual Italian trattoria. A café serves Starbucks Coffee®, freshly baked pastries, and other fare, while a lounge offers a small-plates menu and signature cocktails. The hotel was renovated in June 2013.
- Express check-in
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 100
- Year Built 1998
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 4645
- Luggage storage
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 50000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Designated smoking areas
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 1258
- Number of floors - 33
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free casino shuttle
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- iPod docking station
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Shor Chicago Grill - Contemporary Chicago-style grill. Traditional and modern fare. Steak, seafood. Dinner reservations recommended. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Forno - Casual Italian trattoria. Made-to-order crisp-crust pizzas, gourmet salads, and sandwiches. Lunch and dinner.
Daily Grind - Café serving Starbucks coffee, freshly baked breakfast breads, gourmet sandwiches, pizza, yogurt parfaits, and organic juices. Open 24 hours.
M/X - Chic lounge with a small-plates menu, including freshly made pizzas; and selections of imported cheeses, olives, and crusty breads. Multiple plasma-screen TVs. Signature cocktails, fine wines, and full bar. Open late morning to late evening.
Arc Bar - Offers a high-voltage, modern vibe to connect over hand crafted cocktails, premium wine and beer, and a full menu.
Third Star - featuring an array of international cuisines in a sophisticated atmosphere for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sixes & Eights - Discover the bold flavors of southeast Asian street food in this fast-casual dining experience; dine-in or carry out options are available.
Market - Grab a specialty coffee, quick meal or snack on the go. Order ahead for pick up or guest room delivery.
Nearby Things to Do
The fourth-floor health club at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place comprises an indoor lap pool, sauna, outdoor sundeck, and 24-hour fitness center with stationary bikes, treadmills, stair machines, and free weights. Bicycles are available for rent from the concierge.
Lake Michigan, a half mile from the hotel, offers numerous seasonal recreational opportunities such as boating, sailing, water skiing, and canoeing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 50-150 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 23 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 23 per person (roundtrip)
- Self parking fee: USD 36 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 51 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per stay
- Hyatt McCormick
- Hyatt Regency McCormick
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Chicago
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel Chicago
- McCormick Hyatt
- McCormick Hyatt Regency
- McCormick Place Hyatt
- McCormick Place Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Mccormick Place
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.