Get an overview of this hotelChicago high-rise across from McCormick Place
Popular property highlights
Pathway to events
Connected via enclosed skybridge to the McCormick Place convention complex, the Hyatt Regency is adjacent to a Metro station, with easy access to Chicago's downtown hub. Soldier Field, the home of the Chicago Bears, is a 15 minute walk away.
Indoor lap pool
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place offers a 24-hour business center, complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas, and an indoor lap pool.
1,258 spacious guestrooms feature complimentary wired/wireless Internet access, 42-inch flat-screen TVs with free HBO, and complimentary daily newspapers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Connected by skywalk to the McCormick Place convention complex, this high-rise Hyatt hotel is only 0.7 miles (1.1 kilometers) from Soldier Field, home of the NFL Chicago Bears. Downtown Chicago is about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) north of the hotel.
The Hyatt offers a staffed 24-hour business center, a 24-hour Internet office (surcharge), computer station, and complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas and guestrooms. 30 meeting rooms offer plenty of event spaces. Guests can unwind in the health club's sauna and indoor pool. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available on request for a fee.
Dining options include a Chicago-style grill and a casual Italian trattoria. A café serves Starbucks Coffee®, freshly baked pastries, and other fare, while a lounge offers a small-plates menu and signature cocktails. The hotel was renovated in June 2013.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Coffee shop or café
- 24-hour health club
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free casino shuttle
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 100
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 33
- Total number of rooms - 1258
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1998
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 50000
- Conference space size (meters) - 4645
- Number of meeting rooms - 30
- Self parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour business center
- Conference center
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Bathtub or shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- iPod docking station
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Shor Chicago Grill - Contemporary Chicago-style grill. Traditional and modern fare. Steak, seafood. Dinner reservations recommended. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Forno - Casual Italian trattoria. Made-to-order crisp-crust pizzas, gourmet salads, and sandwiches. Lunch and dinner.
Daily Grind - Café serving Starbucks coffee, freshly baked breakfast breads, gourmet sandwiches, pizza, yogurt parfaits, and organic juices. Open 24 hours.
M/X - Chic lounge with a small-plates menu, including freshly made pizzas; and selections of imported cheeses, olives, and crusty breads. Multiple plasma-screen TVs. Signature cocktails, fine wines, and full bar. Open late morning to late evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The fourth-floor health club at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place comprises an indoor lap pool, sauna, outdoor sundeck, and 24-hour fitness center with stationary bikes, treadmills, stair machines, and free weights. Bicycles are available for rent from the concierge.
Lake Michigan, a half mile from the hotel, offers numerous seasonal recreational opportunities such as boating, sailing, water skiing, and canoeing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 8 rooms. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 23 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 23 per person (roundtrip)
- Self parking fee: USD 36 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 51 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Hyatt McCormick
- Hyatt Regency McCormick
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Chicago
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place Hotel Chicago
- McCormick Hyatt
- McCormick Hyatt Regency
- McCormick Place Hyatt
- McCormick Place Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Mccormick Place
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.