Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric elegance on Chicago's Magnificent Mile
Popular property highlights
Near Millennium Park
This hotel faces Chicago's Magnificent Mile; Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and the John G Shedd Aquarium are within a mile.
This 1929 hotel features a 4-story lobby with a grand staircase, 6 lavishly decorated ballrooms, and a mosaic-tiled indoor pool.
InterContinental Chicago guestrooms feature bathrooms with Italian marble, televisions with premium cable, and bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
InterContinental Chicago, built in 1929, features a soaring four-story lobby with a grand staircase and cast-bronze ornamentation. The building is frequently referenced in architectural tours of Chicago.
The hotel features six historic ballrooms, including the Grand Ballroom, with its marble columns and six-ton Baccarat crystal chandelier; the Renaissance Ballroom, featuring Carpathian elm burlwood-paneled walls and Louis XVI-style decor; and the King Arthur Court & Camelot, offering an original stained-glass wall, carved wooden pillars, cast-iron chandeliers, and a hand-painted ceiling. A total of 52,000 square feet of event space is available as well.
The hotel includes a restaurant and two lounges, one of which specializes in pairing wines and chocolates. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The indoor pool features mosaic tile; the hotel also offers a fitness center and a sauna. The business center is staffed 24 hours a day. Free wireless Internet access is available.
Pets are allowed in Grand Tower guestrooms only. This property is smoke-free.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Year Built 1929
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 52,000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 792
- Number of floors - 41
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 17.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 17.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Michael Jordan Steak House Michael Jordan’s Steak House Chicago offers fine dining in a relaxed, approachable backdrop, sure to charm locals and tourists alike. Located on the second floor of the Historic Tower and serving lunch and dinner daily.
Michael Jordan's Bar Located in the hotel lobby, this bar offers seating for up to 90 guests. Serving artisanal wines, local craft brews and classic cocktails featuring housemade juices and the freshest ingredients.
The Continental The Continental serves an array of traditional delights and heart healthy dishes with a refreshing twist for breakfast or brunch. Located on the second floor of the Main Tower.
ENO - Featuring a menu of wine, cheese, and chocolate. Available are more than 300 wines, 35 artisanal cheeses, dried fruit and nuts, and a rotating menu of truffles and chocolate bars. Bar and communal-table seating. Located on the second floor.
Room service - Available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's fitness center offers both cardiovascular equipment and weight machines. The indoor pool features a mosaic-tiled bottom; the facility also offers a sauna and men's and women's locker rooms.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 125.00 per day
- Breakfast fee: between USD 22 and USD 38 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 17.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 17.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 68.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Facilities fee: USD 20 per person, per day and includes use of:
- Chicago Magnificent Mile InterContinental
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
- InterContinental Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.