Get an overview of this hotelElegant downtown Chicago hotel 3 blocks from Michigan Avenue
Near Michigan Avenue
This downtown Chicago high rise enjoys a prime location 3 blocks from Michigan Avenue shopping and within 1 mile of Willis Tower, John Hancock Center, and the Art Institute of Chicago.
Wi-Fi, indoor pool
The fitness club features a skylit lap pool and a full-service spa. A full-service business center is on site, and WiFi is available in the hotel's public areas.
Overlooking the city or river, the spacious guestrooms feature signature bedding with pillowtop mattresses and luxury linens. Bathrooms offer plush robes and all-natural Lather toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel1 W Wacker Dr Chicago IL 60601
Located across from the Chicago River, the 27-story Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel enjoys a prime location 3 blocks from Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent Mile. A Chicago "L" station behind the hotel provides easy access to numerous destinations. Valet parking is available for a surcharge.
An on-site health club offers a sky-lit indoor lap pool and 24-hour fitness center. A full-service spa is also available.
The hotel completed renovations of both the guestrooms and lobby as of April 8, 2015.
On-site dining options include the Great Street Restaurant with river views, Staytion Market & Bar serving coffee and light fare, and room service (limited hours).
Meeting space includes 21 meeting rooms with a total of 34,867 sq feet (3239 sq meters) of flexible space, including a Grand Ballroom. An on-site FedEx Kinko's business center provides a wealth of services such as copying, faxes, messengers, and notary public. WiFi is available in public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 27
- Year Built 1991
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service spa
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms 21
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 560
- Luggage storage
- Conference space size (meters) - 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 21
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Conference space size (feet) - 34,867
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free weekday newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room climate control (heating)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Great Street Restaurant and Bar – A casual yet sophisticated restaurant overlooking the Chicago River, the Great Street Restaurant features American cuisine for breakfast and lunch each day.
Staytion Market & Bar - Staytion Market & Bar features mouth-watering Chicago street food with a twist, hand crafted cocktails, illy coffee, and house made pastries in a warm, mesmerizing atmosphere.
Room service - Open daily from 6:00am to midnight.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's fitness club includes an indoor lap pool, sauna, and 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, and stair machines.
Daley Bicentennial Plaza, a half-mile away, offers nine lighted tennis courts (surcharge), with equipment available for rent. Harbourside International, 15 miles from the hotel, has an 18-hole, par 72 golf course, a driving range, and a clubhouse. A 20-mile bike path along Lake Michigan extends from Lincoln Park, two miles from the hotel, to Jackson Park, south of downtown. Lake Michigan offers numerous seasonal recreational opportunities, including boating, sailing, water skiing, and canoeing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Pets not allowed (service dogs only)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service animals are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 65 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 69 per day (in/out privileges)
- Chicago Downtown Renaissance
- Hotel Renaissance Chicago Downtown
- Renaissance Chicago Downtown
- Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.