Get an overview of this hotelComplimentary area shuttle in Chicago suburbs
Popular property highlights
Shopping and gardens
This 10-story North Shore Renaissance hotel is less than 2 miles from the Chicago Botanic Garden and the Northbrook Court Shopping Mall; downtown Chicago is 24 miles away.
Complimentary shuttle service is available within a five-mile radius of Renaissance Chicago North Shore; a 24-hour, self-service business center offers a computer, printer, copying, and FedEx pickup.
The 385 guestrooms at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel feature pillowtop mattresses, down pillows, and down comforters. Rooms have wireless Internet access and 32-inch flat-panel TV.
- Good location
- Overall value of stay
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Comfy beds
- Bathrooms could've been nicer
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Located 15 miles from Chicago O'Hare International Airport, 8 miles from Northwestern University, and 1.2 miles from the remarkable Chicago Botanic Garden, Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel is near a train station, and offers complimentary shuttle service within a five-mile radius. Guests enjoy a self-service 24-hour business center with computer, printer, copying, and FedEx pickup. Parking for cars, trucks, and RVs is free for guests during their hotel stay. Luggage storage is available. And guests can even get a good shoe shine.
TV is available in the lobby, and wireless Internet access (surcharge) is offered throughout the hotel's public areas, including its 22,000 square feet of meeting space (hotel can provide cards). Other conveniences include catering, audiovisual equipment, a tiered auditorium with theater-style seating and projection booth, and a top-floor event space with floor-to-ceiling windows and exterior deck with city views.
This hotel, fully renovated in 2011, is a smoke-free property (fines apply).
- Concierge services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 385
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 10
- Meeting rooms 18
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Free area shuttle
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Snack bar/deli
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Rook's Corner Bistro - This American bistro serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily amidst bright murals and high-backed banquette seating.
Rook's Corner Bar - Lobby bar in front of Rook's Corner Bistro. Open daily for cocktails.
Ruth's Chris Steak House - This international steakhouse serves prime beef, seafood, and chicken for dinner in a clubby environment each evening.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a 24-hour fitness center on its lower level, with cardiovascular machines and strength training equipment. An indoor dip pool with outdoor patio is on the main floor. Guests can play basketball and table tennis on site, and both a bowling alley and a playground are nearby.
A less than two-mile drive from the hotel, Chicago Botanic Garden features 26 gardens and native habitat areas with walking trails spread throughout 385 acres. The Highland Park Country Club, which is a two-mile drive from the hotel, has a public 18-hole PGA course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Basketball on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet, per stay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 17 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per day
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
- Renaissance North Chicago
- Renaissance Shore
- Renaissance Shore Hotel
- Northbrook Renaissance
- Renaissance Northbrook
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel Northbrook
- Renaissance Chicago North Shore Northbrook
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.