Get an overview of this hotelPrism-shaped hotel near Rush and Oak streets
Popular property highlights
Close to nightlife
Located 1 block from Rush Street nightclubs, Oak Street shopping, and the Magnificent Mile, this 32-story Gold Coast hotel is 2 blocks from the John Hancock Center.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby and meeting spaces.
All 415 guestrooms at the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile offer feather mattresses and duvets, evening turndown service, free basic WiFi (faster speeds available for a fee), and marble bathrooms with separate glass showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Meeting and event space totals 10,000 square feet (929 square meters) and includes a ballroom with angled, floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the John Hancock Center. Audiovisual equipment, event catering, and complimentary wireless Internet access are available. 2 complimentary business centers provide printing, faxing, copying, and scanning.
The hotel's restaurant serves contemporary French cuisine, and a stylish lounge has a steel-topped bar and fireside seating.
Guests can use a 24-hour on-site fitness center, and Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile provides discounted access to a nearby fitness center with an indoor lap pool, steam rooms, personal trainers, and exercise classes.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 2
- Year Built 2002
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 415
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 32
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- LCD TV
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Café des Architectes - Light streams in through angled windows facing a seasonal terrace from this contemporary French restaurant. The bar has white-leather and chrome barstools, and the dining room features opaque glass tables paired with black-leather or upholstered chairs. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Le Bar - A fiber-optic ceiling mimics twinkling stars in this cocktail lounge with a steel-topped bar and a library-style sitting area with fireplace. Serving an extensive selection of wines and champagnes, as well as specialty martinis and appetizers. Open from mid-afternoon until late night.
Nearby Things to Do
The 24-hour fitness center at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile offers treadmills, stationary bicycles, free weights, and weight-training machines. Guests also receive discounted access to a nearby health club providing an indoor lap pool, basketball court, indoor running track, and fitness classes.
The hotel is 5 blocks from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, a half-mile away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within 5 miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 30 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 13.23 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25.00 and USD 40.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 200.00 per stay
- Sofitel Chicago Tower
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
- Sofitel Water
- Sofitel Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Hotel Chicago Tower
- Chicago Sofitel
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel
We should mention
Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.