Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel on the Mag Mile, with rooftop dining
The Shops at North Bridge
Placing guests on the glamorous Magnificent Mile, The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago offers direct access to The Shops at North Bridge, and is a 15-minute walk from the shops, restaurants, and rides of Navy Pier. The Art Institute of Chicago, home to Grant Wood's American Gothic, is 20 minutes away on foot.
Rooftop dining with views
Diners can enjoy views of the city with American cuisine at Upstairs at the Gwen rooftop lounge, while the Circa Restaurant serves gourmet burgers and steaks. The 24-hour fitness center is good for a cardio workout, and guests can also take advantage of the 24-hour business center.
Sleep menu, free WiFi
Stylish rooms are decorated with comfy furnishings, plush fabrics, and gold accents. Guests can keep in touch using free WiFi, watch cable shows on the 42-inch flat-screen TV, and listen to music on the iPod® docking station. In-room spa services and a custom sleep menu offer added relaxation.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. 13 meeting rooms are available. This luxury hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a rooftop terrace, and multilingual staff. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago is a smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 312
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 17
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- 24-hour health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Shopping on site
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1928
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Plasma TV
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillow menu
- In-room safe
Where to Eat
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago has a restaurant onsite.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- Up to 25 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Self parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 69 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Conrad Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Conrad Chicago
- Conrad Hotel Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection Hotel Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection Hotel
- Gwen Luxury Collection Chicago
- Gwen Luxury Collection
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This hotel is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List and the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.
Book a stay in a "Parking Promotion" rate category and receive self parking for 1 vehicle with in/out privileges. Must book "Parking Package" rate plan to receive benefits. Not valid with any other discount, coupon, or offer. Other restrictions may apply.