Get an overview of this hotelHistoric grandeur in Chicago's theater, business district
Close to shopping
This 1925 Beaux Arts-style Chicago hotel is steps from Millennium Park, 2 blocks from Macy's and the Art Institute, and 1 mile from Lake Michigan, Magnificent Mile shopping, and Wrigley Tower.
Health club, spa
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot spa and health club includes an indoor pool. A business center offers wireless Internet access, copying, and faxing services.
All 1,641 guestrooms at the Palmer House Hilton feature antique-style decor, pillowtop mattresses, marble bathrooms, complimentary premium channels, and high-speed Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Palmer House Hilton17 E Monroe St Chicago IL 60603
Renovations & Closures
- Swimming pool
- Spa tub
Located in Chicago's theater district, Palmer House Hilton's 110,000 square feet of conference space features a range of venues, including exhibit halls, salons, private dining rooms, and several ballrooms with crystal chandeliers and Beaux Arts decor. Event catering and audiovisual equipment are also available. A business center provides printing, faxing, copying, and wireless Internet access (surcharge) also available in the lobby area.
The fitness center offers Precor fitness equipment, group exercise classes, and an indoor pool.
Several clothing and gift boutiques are located on the hotel's lower level.
- Indoor pool
- Health club
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 1641
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 25
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1925
- Conference space size (feet) - 110000
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Luggage storage
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 10219
- Full-service spa
- Hair salon
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.00 )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 15.00 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- WiFi (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
Where to Eat
Lockwood - Contemporary menu inspired by traditional French and Italian cuisine. Upscale setting. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Potter's - Lobby-level bar and lounge offering cocktails and appetizers.
Nearby Things to Do
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot health club (surcharge) features a fitness center with free weights and cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, personal trainers, an indoor pool and exercise classes.
This Hilton hotel is a mile from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, 1.5 miles away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Balance Spa offers massages, facials, and beauty services. This full-service health spa includes 12 treatment rooms and a hair salon.
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Up to 75 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 7 and USD 11 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.00 (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 42 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 75.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 40 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 40 per stay
- Hilton Palmer
- Hilton Palmer House
- House Hilton
- Palmer Hilton
- Palmer Hilton House
- Palmer House
- Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer House Hilton Hotel
- Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.