Get an overview of this hotelModern luxury on Chicago's Magnificent Mile
Close to lake
Set in the heart of North Michigan Avenue shopping, this 27-story Chicago Westin hotel is across from the John Hancock Center, a block from Water Tower Place, and 2 blocks from Lake Michigan.
Business and relaxation
Conference space and a 24-hour business center are available. In-room spa treatments offer relief from the rigors of the road.
Heavenly Beds, Baths
All 752 guestrooms at this Chicago Westin feature Heavenly Beds with pillowtop mattresses and down comforters, mini fridges, and Heavenly Baths with dual showerheads, plush bathrobes on request, and botanical bath products.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
On-site dining options include a popular steakhouse, a lobby coffee stand, and 24-hour room service. A business center with ergonomic chairs provides faxing, printing, and copying; fees apply. The hotel's meeting and event space comprises 37,000 sq feet (3,437 sq meters), including 3 ballrooms, with event catering, wedding services, audiovisual equipment, and high-speed Internet access available (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is complimentary in the lobby. Body Rituals, a full-service spa, is on site; advanced reservations required.
This pet-friendly hotel provides an outdoor dog water bowl and treats by the main entrance.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 34
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 752
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 27
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Shopping on site
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 3437
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Number of meeting rooms - 28
- Year Built 1963
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 37000
- Smoke-free property
- Television in common areas
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Microwave (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
The Grill on the Alley - This popular, mahogany-paneled steakhouse serves generous portions of classic American cuisine, including Cobb salad, fresh seafood, prime steaks, and meatloaf. The L-shaped mahogany bar provides views of the Magnificent Mile and high-definition flat-screen TVs to catch sporting events. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Café à la Carte - This grab-and-go lobby coffee stand serves hot beverages, juices, and pastries from early morning until late afternoon.
Room service features the Westin Super-Foods menu with a selection of healthy food items. Available 24 hours with breakfast, all-day, and late-night menus.
Nearby Things to Do
The Westin Workout fitness center is open 24 hours a day.
Oak Street Beach, which is located on a 20-mile path along Lake Michigan, is four blocks from the hotel. Bicycles and in-line skates are available for rental at several beachfront locations. During summer, lifeguards are on duty and beach volleyball courts are available for rental or pick-up games. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment can be rented from the Lincoln Park Boathouse, two miles away. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 40 lb)
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Pets allowed (no fees)
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 50 for adults, USD 5 and USD 30 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 69 per day (in/out privileges)
- Late check-out fee: USD 75
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Westin Chicago Avenue
- Westin Michigan
- Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- Westin Michigan Hotel
- Westin Michigan Hotel Chicago Avenue
- Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel
- The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Westin Chicago
- Westin Michigan Ave Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Westin
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
New Balance Program at The Westin
Guests can enjoy complimentary use of New Balance athletic apparel and running shoes during their stay. In-room, equipment-free fitness programs are also provided free of charge.
Offer valid at participating Westin Hotels and Resorts. Guests must call the Service Express desk to request shoes and clothing in their size; items are delivered to guestroom. Shoes come with socks and disposable insoles. Details at check-in.