Get an overview of this hotelBoutique Chicago Hotel in the Gold Coast neighborhood
+VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.See details
Near Magnificent Mile
This chic, 22-story Chicago hotel is 2 blocks from Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile; numerous shops, bars, and nightclubs are within a 3-block radius.
Thompson Chicago offers offers top-tier facilities with understated elegance and bold interior architecture that includes a winter garden and sitting nooks. 7 meeting/conference rooms, valet parking, and event facilities are all available.
All 247 guestrooms offer complimentary wireless and wired Internet access, desks, minibars, multi-line phones, flat-screen TVs, and bathrooms with rainfall showerheads.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
This Chicago hotel, renovated in 2013, is conveniently set just steps from Michigan Avenue, boutiques on Oak Street, and downtown’s finest dining and nightlife destinations. It is less than 1 block from the Magnificent Mile and Lookingglass Theatre.
Amenities offered at this Chicago hotel include 7 meeting and conference rooms, totaling 9,000 sq feet (810 sq meters), banquet facilities, event catering, and self and valet parking (surcharge). Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access are available. The multilingual staff offer concierge, dry cleaning/laundry, and porter/bellhop services. Complimentary sedan transport to the Loop and 24-hour room service are available.
The fitness center provides city views, an array of cardio and weight machines, free weights, water, and towels. Guests also receive discounted use of a 72,000-square-foot health club 2 blocks away, which offers yoga classes and a sauna.
This is a smoke-free accommodation; fines apply for violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 22
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 247
- Conference space size (feet) - 9000
- Conference space size (meters) - 836
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Designer toiletries
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Iron/ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Hydromassage showerhead
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Nico - With Executive Chef Paul Kahan, winner of the James Beard 2013 Outstanding Chef award, at the helm, guests will enjoy a warm dining experience with rustic regional Italian cuisine inspired by the region of Puglia. This restaurant offers guests breakfast, lunch, and dinner and includes a bar serving drinks.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The 1,000-square-foot fitness center at Thompson Chicago provides expansive city views, a selection of cardio and weight machines, free weights, water, and towels. Guests also have discounted access to a health club 2 blocks away, with exercise classes and a sauna.
The Oak Street Beach on Lake Michigan is 1 block from the hotel, providing access to the 20-mile-long lakefront path. Bicycles and in-line skates may be rented at several beachfront locations. In summer, lifeguards are on duty. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment can be rented at Lincoln Park Boathouse, 2 miles north.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40.00 per night.
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Pets allowed (no fees)
Parking height restrictions apply
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 17 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 68.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 1 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Chicago Thompson
- Thompson Chicago
- Thompson Hotel
- Thompson Hotel Chicago
- Thompson Chicago Hotel
We should mention
Up to 3 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.