Get an overview of this hotelDowntown hotel 3 blocks from the Art Institute of Chicago
Popular property highlights
Located a half-block from Grant Park and 4 blocks from South Loop Shopping, this downtown Chicago hotel is a half-mile from the Field Museum.
Travelodge Hotel Downtown has 2 restaurants and a bar. Complimentary USA Today is offered in the lobby on weekdays.
Guestrooms at Travelodge Hotel Downtown feature coffeemakers, complimentary WiFi access, and cable/satellite TV with HBO.
- Good location
- Proximity to public transit
- Overall value of stay
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Guestrooms were a little noisy
Travelodge Hotel Downtown
The Travelodge Hotel Downtown is less than a block from Lake Shore Drive, within sight of Lake Michigan. The Chicago Art Institute is a 3-block walk, while the South Loop is 4 blocks away and the Magnificent Mile is just 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the hotel.
The hotel has 2 restaurants, one with a bar, on site. Complimentary WiFi and newspapers are available in public areas of the hotel. A business center is available for a fee. This smoke-free property also offers 2 meeting/conference rooms, offsite parking (surcharge), and limo/town car service.
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 233
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 240
- Conference space size (meters) - 22
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Partially open bathroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Chicago Carry Out - Full breakfast and fast food. Open from early morning until evening seven days a week.
Thai Spoon Restaurant - Pan-Asian cuisine, sushi bar, and cocktail bar. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 for adults, USD 5 and USD 10 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per day
- Travelodge Downtown
- Travelodge Hotel
- Travelodge Hotel Downtown
- Travelodge Hotel Downtown Chicago
- Travelodge Downtown Chicago
We should mention
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.