Visitors can enjoy all that Chilaw has to offer including the seaside, restaurants, and parks. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Chilaw
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chilaw
A favorite place to visit in the city is Anawilundawa Bird Sanctuary. Additionally, you'll find Munneswaram Temple and Senanayake Aramaya in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Anantaya Resort and Spa Chilaw - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Chilaw
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chilaw is 1.89 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and February with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F