Chillicothe Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 57 hotels and other lodging choices in Chillicothe, though there are only 4 low-cost motels. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
When you save on your room price, you can make the most of what Chillicothe has to offer. Top sights to visit include Hocking Hills State Park.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the appeal of road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. With a stay at a motel, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of Expedia customers' best-rated Chillicothe motels to select from:
Americas Best Value Inn Chillicothe
- Enjoy access to the coffee in the lobby, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free breakfast, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 22 minutes of Scioto Downs by car.
Town and Country Motel
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
The Guest House
- You'll be located within 21 minutes of Scioto Downs by car.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a private balcony.
What to Do in Chillicothe
People visiting Chillicothe like its shops and restaurants. Take time for sightseeing and enjoy all there is to do in this family-friendly area.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Hocking Hills State Park
- Yoctangee Park
- Adena Mansion & Gardens
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Spotted Horse Ranch
- Splashdown Country
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Piketon Mounds
- Dogwood Pass
- Hopewell Culture National Historical Park
Chillicothe is also notable for its:
- Historical sites
- Cultural attractions
Best Time to Visit Chillicothe
Decide when you'd like to visit Chillicothe by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 59° F and nighttime temperatures average 20° F
- April-June: 85° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 86° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 21° F at night
- Average rainfall is 40.67 inches in a year
How to Get to Chillicothe and Around the Area
|Columbus, OH (CMH-John Glenn Columbus Intl.) ||Airport ||46.1 mi (74.2 km) |