Visiting Ciudad Vieja
Travelers to Ciudad Vieja will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is La Merced Church.
- There are 277 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ciudad Vieja
La Merced Church is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find San Jose el Viejo Ruins and Handicraft Market in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Ciudad Vieja, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 192 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Soleil La Antigua is located within 2.2 mi (3.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Antigua Guatemala can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Yellow House - Hostel is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center. This 2-star hostel in Antigua Guatemala features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ciudad Vieja
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ciudad Vieja is 51.06 inches
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 54°F