Visitors to Clayton are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Boldt Castle.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kingston, ON (YGK-Norman Rogers), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clayton
The city's cultural venues include Antique Boat Museum and Thousand Islands Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Cedar Point State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Clayton Island Tours and Clayton Marina.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Clayton. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its local sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Clipper Inn - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Boldt Castle, located 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Clayton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Clayton gets about 36.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F