Visiting Clear Lake
Travelers give high marks for the lakeside setting in Clear Lake, which is also known for its casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and mountain views.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in Clear Lake
- The closest major airport is in Willows, CA (WLW-Willows-Glenn County), 39.9 mi (64.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 42.4 mi (68.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clear Lake
Cultural venues in the city include Lake County Museum, Lakeport Historic Courthouse Museum, and Ely Stage Stop and Country Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Clear Lake State Park, Mount Konocti, and Blue Lakes. Fishing is one of the top activities, while Lucerne Marina, Ceago Vinegarden, and Holiday Harbor are favorite sights to visit.
In Clear Lake, there are 82 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Tallman Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Robinson Rancheria Resort and Casino - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Lake Point Lodge - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is River Rock Casino, located 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Clear Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Clear Lake gets about 31.04 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F