Visiting Cockatoo Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Cockatoo Island has to offer including the waterfront, restaurants, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Sydney Showground.
- You'll find 1460 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cockatoo Island
Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Sydney Showground are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bondi Beach and Circular Quay.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cockatoo Island - This 4-star campground features a marina, an outdoor pool, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Dressing for Cockatoo Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cockatoo Island is 46.77 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 47°F