Cockatoo Island Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Sydney area, you'll find 53 low-priced motels among more than 2513 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you save some cash compared to traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of the attractions in Cockatoo Island. White Bay Cruise Terminal, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Luna Park are some of the popular places you can visit in the larger area.
Fun fact: Motels began in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motel properties often offer free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Below you'll find some of our customers’ favorite motels to book in the larger area:
Coogee Sands Hotel and Apartments
- Located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the heart of Cockatoo Island
- Enjoy access to the free parking and 24-hour business center, as well as room amenities like a kitchenette.
Metro Mirage Hotel Newport
- A restaurant and an outdoor pool are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free WiFi.
- Central Cockatoo Island is 15.2 mi (24.4 km) away
Twin Towers Inn
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, outdoor pool, and bar.
- Located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the heart of Cockatoo Island
Sleep Express Motel
- Central Cockatoo Island is 7.2 mi (11.7 km) away
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LCD TV.
Ashfield Motor Inn
- 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the heart of Cockatoo Island
- Enjoy access to the free parking and laundry facilities, as well as room amenities like a refrigerator.
What to Do in Cockatoo Island
Here are favorite places in and around Cockatoo Island:
- White Bay Cruise Terminal
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Luna Park
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Hyde Park
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- Bondi Beach
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Taronga Zoo
- Wildlife Sydney
Cockatoo Island is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Cockatoo Island
Figure out the ideal time to visit Cockatoo Island by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically January and February, while July and June are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 78° F and nighttime temperatures average 60° F
- April-June: 73° F is the daytime average and 47° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 68° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 77° F during the day and 53° F at night
- Average rainfall is 46.77 inches in a year
How to Get to Cockatoo Island and Around the Area
Cockatoo Island Transportation
|Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) ||Airport ||6.1 mi (9.8 km) |