History buffs will enjoy exploring Cody, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums and beautiful parks. This city also attracts tourists with its art. A top sight in the city is Yellowstone National Park East Entrance.
- There are 143 hotels and other accommodations in Cody
- The closest major airport is in Cody, WY (COD-Yellowstone Regional), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cody
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Cody Cattle Company, and Cody Dug Up Gun Museum. Attractions like Old Trail Town and Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Arena are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Buffalo Bill Dam, Heart Mountain Interpretive Center, and Pryor Mountain Wild Mustang.
In Cody, you'll be able to select from 143 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Historic Wapiti Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Cody Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Chamberlin Inn Cody - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cody include Yellowstone National Park East Entrance.
Dressing for Cody
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- About 10.51 inches of rain falls on Cody each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F