Travelers to Columbus give high marks for the popular theater scene, live music scene, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, entertainment choices, and art. Top sights in the city include Ohio Theatre, COSI, and Columbus Museum of Art.
- There are 342 hotels and other accommodations in Columbus
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, OH (CMH-John Glenn Columbus Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marion, OH (MNN-Marion Municipal), 45.4 mi (73.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbus
Known for its theaters, live music, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Ohio Theatre, COSI, and Columbus Museum of Art. Attractions like Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Ohio Expo Center and State Fair, and Ohio State Fairgrounds are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like LeVeque Tower, World Harvest Church, and Capitol Square.
In Columbus, you'll be able to select from 342 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hawthorne Park Bed and Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Near East Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- 50 Lincoln Short North Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Italian Village features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- DogHouse Hotel and Brewery - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favorite sights in Columbus include Nationwide Arena, Ohio Stadium, and Mapfre Stadium.
Dressing for Columbus
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Columbus is 39.31 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F