Poulo Condor is tucked away from town but a pretty and well maintained resort with polite and mostly helpful staff.
1. Nice Bar and Pool (with the odd day having free cocktail hour:)
2. Villa is spacious and quiet. Rooms are cleaned everyday
3. Staff mostly very polite and helpful (altho language barrier can be an issue sometimes)
4. Spa is great and lady that helped us was very kind
1. Beach is huge and windy. The resort do clean up their area (which is noble) but if you walk further down the beach it is like some apocalyptic rubbish dump.
2. Restaurant isn’t great. Food is over priced and mediocre at best.
3. Too far from town unless you want to hire and bike and run the gauntlet with Con Dao’s scary winds at times.
4. Not a lot to do at night except waste money in the restaurant or pay a premium to get a taxi into town
Overall, I think the place is a little over priced. If you’re looking for a beach holiday, there are other resorts with far better beaches, but if you want peace and quiet, don’t mind travelling around to find idyllic spots then you might like Poulo Condor.
Other points about the island: It is quite undeveloped, it lacks a lot of tourism infrastructure, many beaches are not maintained and for some reason lots of unfinished/abandoned hotels. That said, it does have a charm about it and I can see it being an amazing place one day. Definitely one for people that just want to hide from touristy destinations.