Get an overview of this hotelRetro-hip hostel with free dinner and WiFi
Popular property highlights
Tivoli Gardens: 5 minutes
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel looks onto the fountain on Vandkunsten Square, within easy walking distance of the city’s canals and narrow streets. Historic Tivoli Gardens amusement park is a 5-minute walk, and the Little Mermaid and Kastellet fortress around 30 minutes.
Shared dinner, free iPads®
Guests can enjoy an all-you-can-eat breakfast and a shared dinner at the cafeteria and restaurant. WiFi is free in common areas, iPads® are available for free hire, and there’s live music, a pool table, and a late-night bar for entertainment.
Dorms or rooms, free DVDs
The 88 rooms and dorms have an airy, uncluttered feel and have lockers for hire. Dorms sleep 4-12 guests while private rooms accommodate up to 10 people and look onto Vandkunsten Square. Bathrooms are either shared or en suite, and books and DVDs can be hired for in-room entertainment.
- Good location
- Breakfast and onsite bar
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Location was a bit noisy
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
The hostel offers a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Copenhagen hostel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and coffee/tea in the lobby. A total renovation of this property was completed in January 2011.
Copenhagen Downtown Hostel is a smoke-free property.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Laundry facilities
- Billiards or pool table
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Smoke-free property
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Television in common areas
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Multilingual staff
- Year Built 1935
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Downtown Cafe - Onsite bar. Happy hour is offered.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 6 AM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 18 and younger are not allowed at this adults-only property. All guests older than 18 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets or service animals allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee
- Fee for buffet breakfast: DKK 60 for adults and DKK 60 for children (approximately)
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
- Hostel Copenhagen Downtown
- Danhostel Copenhagen Downtown Hotel Copenhagen
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Guests under 18 years old are not permitted at this adults-only property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.