Visitors can enjoy all that Cornwall-on-Hudson has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. There are 118 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 27.9 mi (45 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Cornwall-on-Hudson
Places to visit in the larger region include New York Military Academy, Bannerman Castle, and Knox's Headquarters State Historic Site. Additionally, you'll find Storm King State Park and Hudson Highlands Nature Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Cornwall-on-Hudson, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 57 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Stay at Sparrow House: A Cozy, Waterfront Retreat in the Hudson Valley is 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star hotel in Newburgh features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh is located within 5 mi (8 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Newburgh can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Cornwall-on-Hudson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 44.72 inches of rain falls on Cornwall-on-Hudson each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F