Visitors can enjoy all that Cotopaxi has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, churches, and coffeehouses. A top sight in the city is Cotopaxi National Park.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Cotopaxi
- The closest major airport is in Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.), 47.3 mi (76.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cotopaxi
The city's cultural venues include Monserrat Mills Cultural Center and House of the Marquis of Miraflores. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cotopaxi National Park, Quilotoa, and Quilotoa Lagoon. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Toachi Canyon and Huayama-Chucchilan Canyon.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cotopaxi. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hostal Chukirawa - Hostel - With a stay at this 2-star hostel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Rumipamba de las Rosas - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Cotopaxi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cotopaxi is 39.92 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 47°F