Visitors can enjoy all that Croton-on-Hudson has to offer including the parks, riverfront, and art. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Croton-on-Hudson
The city's natural beauty is on display at Croton Landing Park, Brinton Brook Sanctuary, and Croton Point Park. Additionally, you might want to add Van Cortlandt Manor to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Croton-on-Hudson, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Holiday Cozy Country Cottage! is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Croton-on-Hudson. This 4-star hotel in Nyack features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Time Nyack is 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the center of Croton-on-Hudson. This 3-star hotel in West Harrison features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- HYATT house White Plains is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from central Croton-on-Hudson. This 4-star hotel in Old Greenwich features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Croton-on-Hudson
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Croton-Harmon Station. Croton-on-Hudson might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Croton-on-Hudson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Croton-on-Hudson gets about 49.41 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F