Visiting Crown Point
Visitors can enjoy all that Crown Point has to offer including the shopping, lakeside setting, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses.
- There are 133 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 34.2 mi (55 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 49.6 mi (79.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crown Point
A favorite place to visit in the city is Deep River Water Park. Additionally, you'll find Westfield Southlake Mall and Star Plaza Theatre in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Crown Point, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Baymont Inn & Suites Merrillville is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Merrillville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and quiet rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Merrillville is located within 4.5 mi (7.2 km) of the city center. This 2-star motel in Merrillville features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- La Quinta Inn Merrillville is located 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Merrillville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Crown Point
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Crown Point is 40.71 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F