Visiting Cruz Bay
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Cruz Bay, which is also known for its bars. Top sights around the area include Battery, Trunk Bay, and Annaberg Plantation.
- There are 91 hotels and other accommodations in Cruz Bay
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Thomas (STT-Cyril E. King), 12.4 mi (20 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cruz Bay
The city's beaches, sunsets, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Sunset Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Battery and Elaine Lone Sprauve Library and Museum.
In Cruz Bay, you'll be able to select from 91 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grande Bay Resort - This 4-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Gallows Point Resort - Our customers love the breakfast and spacious, clean rooms at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Trunk Bay, located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Annaberg Plantation, which is 4.3 mi/7 km away.
Dressing for Cruz Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cruz Bay is 39.33 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 73°F