Named for the crystal clear surrounding waters, Emerald Cove is one of the premier rentals available at Lewis Smith Lake. Specifically designed to accommodate multiple families, retreats, and large groups, this home is the perfect setting to relax and unwind.
The home is situated in Brushy Creek in Arley, located at the end of a channel in a cove which provides both beautiful, scenic views and calm waters for easy swimming and kayaking that is uninterrupted by boat wakes (ideal for children!)
PLEASE NOTE: we do NOT allow events such as weddings, etc. Please do not inquire about hosting events at our home.
Featuring 3 different levels, extensive outdoor entertaining spaces, and beautiful views, this 5,000 sq ft lakefront home comfortably hosts and sleeps 20.
Built in 2020, the home has all new amenities and furnishings throughout. The main floor and second floor both have expansive, open concept areas perfect for entertaining and hosting large groups. A third floor living space + second bunk room provides a great area for kids. The home also features extensive outdoor entertaining areas, including a screened porch with gas fireplace, an outdoor kitchen + grill, and a large fire pit situated at the edge of a rock point that looks out on the channel. Unlike many homes at Smith Lake, this house has a gentle slope down to the water- only a few stairs to walk down to reach the dock! Enjoy Bluetooth-connectivity surround sound in both indoor and outdoor spaces that you can use to play music from your phone. On a clear night, stargaze using our Celestron Astromaster telescope.
- Bedroom 1: king bed
- Bedroom 2: king bed
- Bedroom 3: queen bed
- Bedroom 4: queen bed
- Bedroom 5: king bed
- Bedroom 6: queen bed
- Bedroom 7: king bed
- Bunk room #1: 3 bunk beds (6 total beds)
- Bunk room #2: 2 bunk beds (4 total beds)
- Pool table
- Air hockey table
- Poker table
- Large kitchen with oversized island
- Outdoor kitchen with 40" gas grill and bar seating
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces (gas, remote controlled)
- Indoor and outdoor TV areas
- Outdoor wood-burning fire pit
- Kayaks: 2 single seater adult kayaks, 2 single seater child kayaks, 1 inflatable double seater adult kayak
- Private boat house + Lilly pad
- Year round water for boating access
- Basketball goal
- Various outdoor games (cornhole, etc)
- Celestron astromaster 114 telescope
- Indoor and outdoor surround sound system
Other guest amenities:
- Highchair (1) and pack and play (1) are provided for guests traveling with small children
- Memory foam mattresses on every bed
- Two refrigerators + mini fridge + wine/beverage fridge
- Easily accessible concrete parking pad in front of home for multiple vehicles
- Grocery store and local coffee shop only 6 minutes away; Duncan Bridge Marina is 10 minutes from the home
- Please note: while we do typically offer wifi to our guests, there is not extremely fast internet available in our area of the lake and it is not guaranteed to be available (ie, you will likely have difficulty streaming shows, no on-line gaming, but when it is working typical daily web browsing/email/etc should work just fine albeit a bit slow!) As this is a rural area, internet and cell service is NOT always dependable and can take several days to get serviced if it goes down- please take this into account when considering booking at our property!
Additionally, while you will have use of the dock, we do have our own boat/boat lift that is stored there- boats that are brought with guests or rented during the stay can be tied off to either side of the dock, as the home is located in a no wake zone.
With Bankhead National Forest within a thirty minute drive of the home, excellent hiking is nearby. Recommended trails include:
- Sougahoagdee Falls:
- Caney Creek Falls Trail
- We recommend downloading and using the Alltrails app to find local trails that are the length and level that you desire!
Other beautiful outdoor activities include:
- Visit Rickwood Caverns. Hiking trails and tours of subterranean caverns and tunnels.
- Visit Dismals Canyon: has waterfalls and bioluminescent glowworms that light up on the guided night tours (night tours are by reservation).
- Visit Hurricane Creek Park in Falkville- unique rock formation, waterfalls, and hiking trails.
- Participate in nearby geocaching- download the Geocaching app by Groundspeak inc and use your cell phone maps function to explore and hunt for treasures
- Hike in Natural Bridge Park in Haleyville to see beautiful natural stone arches.
- Visit Rock Creek Marina by car or by boat- you can purchase food and feed the fish directly from their dock.
Other Suggested Activities
- Visit Ava Maria Grotto in Cullman, Alabama
- Take a horse riding lesson at Mason Family Farms in Arley
- Visit the Clarkson Covered Bridge in nearby Cullman, Alabama
- Take a drive to Huntsville and visit the Space and Rocket Center