Visiting Cumberland Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Cumberland Island has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. A top sight in the area is Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
- You'll find 573 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 27.2 mi (43.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cumberland Island
A couple of favorite places to visit are Plum Orchard Mansion and Grover Island. Additionally, you'll find Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Cumberland Island, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 940 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from central Cumberland Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Fernandina Beach can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Villas of Amelia Island Plantation is 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the center of Cumberland Island. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Fernandina Beach can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and pool.
- Breakwater Hotel At The Beach is located 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the heart of Cumberland Island. This 3-star hotel in Fernandina Beach features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Cumberland Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 48.90 inches of rain falls on Cumberland Island each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F