Get an overview of this hotelVictorian inn with 2 restaurants and free breakfast
Popular property highlights
Situated in Cockermouth, this inn is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from Lake District Wildlife Park and within 6 mi (10 km) of St Michael's Church, Isel and Derwentwater. Isel Hall and Bassenthwaite Lake are also within 6 mi (10 km).
2 restaurants, 2 bars/lounges, and dry cleaning are available at this smoke-free inn. Free English breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a garden, a picnic area, and a front-desk safe are onsite.
All 15 individually decorated rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and room service. For a bit of entertainment, guests will find LCD TVs with satellite channels, and other amenities include Egyptian cotton sheets and rainfall showerheads.
- Helpful staff
The Pheasant Inn
Dining is available at one of the inn's 2 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of inn's 2 bars/lounges. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This Victorian inn also offers a garden, a picnic area, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Guests can use the indoor pool, outdoor pool, and health club at a partner property. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
The Pheasant Inn is a smoke-free property.
- Total number of rooms - 15
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Free breakfast
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free long-term parking
- Year Built 1700
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free self parking
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking, Free self parking
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
A complimentary English breakfast is served each morning between 7:30 AM and 10 AM.
The Fell - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Reservations are required.
The Bistro - Overlooking the garden, this bistro serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 10:30 PM
Check-out time is 11:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 8 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 8 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 10 per accommodation, per day
- Dogs only
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Pet fee: GBP 10 per accommodation, per day
- Pheasant Cockermouth
- Pheasant Inn Cockermouth
We should mention
Children 8 years old and younger are not permitted at this property. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.